Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm On Vacation!

Self-Portrait #56 trying to wake up from my cat nap. I love waking up from a nap and finding myself flanked by two sleepy cats. Ben is in LA this weekend so I've been pretending that I'm on vacation too. That lucky bastard is being wined and dined with Sebastien by a management company so I decided I need a vacation too. I think I may have pretended too hard last night with my margarita binge. I recall shouting many times "I'm on VACATION!" As a result I've had a lazy slow day today. I usually have a hard time when Ben is gone. I used to be so good at being alone but it's easy to get used to having him, my best friend there all of the time. This weekend so far as been good though. I think work has been sucking the life out of me a bit lately and the quiet house has given me a chance to let my mind slow down. Sometimes you need to be able to just sit and stare at nothing with no interruption. Sometimes you need to watch a really girly movie and cry your eyes out even though the plot is predictable and unrealistic.

No comments: