- The week that our house went on the market we had over a dozen showings and then Polly came down with hand, foot and mouth. That was awesome. High fever, keeping a house perfectly clean with a sick baby and two cats is enough to make you crazy. I would have given the house away at the end of the week if we hadn't gotten a few offers.
- Her language continues to grow each day but sometimes she gets confused about what words mean. Right now when she hits her own head or hurts herself she rubs the sore spot and looks at me and says in the tiniest sad voice, "sorry." It's so damn cute.
- I'm not sure many people would describe me as patient but I am very proud of myself each morning as I let her navigate 12 concrete stairs that lead to the car from our house because she refuses to let me carry her. She has to point out every ant, butterfly and flower on the way and I just make myself slow down and watch her explore. That usually lasts until about step 6 and then I lose my patience and pick her up and fly her to the car. I'm still growing.
- Just tonight we had another pee/slip and slide incident in her bedroom right before bath time. Of course the mop and everything was at the new house along with my husbands extra set of hands. Fun times. I just heard her from the other room say, "water!" and I knew what had happened.
- She's obsessed with dandelions. Now that they are starting to fade, she can still spot the only dandelion within 300 yards and beg for it. She's also learned the word please and how to use it in the most adorable, manipulative kind of way.
- We keep a basketball and a football in the floor board of the car. Polly can see them rolling back and forth which causes her to talk about daddy's balls a lot when we drive around. I guess I'm not mature enough not to find that hysterical every time.
15 hours ago