Monday, April 7, 2008

Self-Portrait #44

Last night I couldn't sleep very well. I woke up around 3:00 am and kept tossing and turning. Around 7:15 I finally fell back to sleep only to wake up to my alarm at 7:30. I was lying there being angry when I realized that I had just had a dream about my grandmother. I don't remember much except being in her house, the house I grew up in, and she was wearing her favorite house coat that she crafted herself on her sewing machine that I can still hear humming in the back of my mind sometimes. We hugged and she felt so small to me yet I somehow still felt like a little kid. It's hard to explain but that little dream made my day and made up for the sleep that I didn't get. This is a tattoo that I got years ago when I was worried that I might be forgetting her.

Whoa. That was a little heavy. On a lighter note, it seems that I won my own sad attempt at a my first contest. Here were the results:
The Boiled Peanut (me!): 23"

Ben: 22"

Becky: 20 1/5

Matt: Couldn't figure out how to measure his head in time.

Floresita: Thinks she has a big head but I'm pretty sure we will tie. In pictures my head looks like it could eat Ben's head but his is only one inch smaller. In order to wear hats I'd have to special order them...or get ones with elastic. Bicycle helmets are ALL too small. Little children safely riding their bikes taunt me every summer day.

1 comment:

lately said...

Not that I couldn't figure out how to measure my head. I simply rejected your pre-archimedian measurement technique. Boo-urns!!