Monday, March 10, 2008

Self-Portrait #16

My shadow on a Memphis sidewalk. We just passed by the Civil Rights
Museum. I'll update this post once we're home with photos. It's a
very haunting place that just weighs on you.
This is where MLK stood as he was shot on the balcony of the Lorraine Motel. The motels exterior has been kept in its original condition but the interior has been remodeled and converted into the Civil Rights Museum. The cracked window on the right of this photo is where the shooter stood. I can't really decribe how haunting it feels to stand between these two places.













I also found some cool
murals on a wall across the way from the museum. My phone doesn't let
me post multipule pictures in one post so I'll add those later too.
Boo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.