Monday, March 31, 2008

Walks, Onesies, and Wrapping Paper

I made this discovery while taking a walk today. The car I pass daily and admire it's fun fruits and vegetables but today something was different. I'm not sure if it's a political statement or the driver just thought that was a good place to keep a gas can. I'm thinking political...but the message is still a bit unclear to me. Maybe my few blog readers will have some insight. I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt when I walk through my neighborhood. I can never tell what I'll find each time.

One of my coworkers/friends is expecting a baby boy mid this month. I have another gift up my sleeves but I wanted to have a gift to give at the shower so I whipped up this onesie using one of my favorite Sublime Stitching patterns. I've used it a few times but it's so perfect for many occasions that I can't resist it when I'm combing over my pattern selection.

Here's a close up for your viewing pleasure. Then I had the opportunity to do one of my favorite things...make my own wrapping paper out of old magazines. We've gotten a good collection going on between our old copies of Real Simple which we canceled to try out Ready Made, Rolling Stone, and National Geographic. Here's how I do it:
1. Pick out a color pallete that works by combing through each page until I have a few good pages.
2. Then I lay the face down on the floor and tape them all together side by side until there is enough paper to cover the package.
3. Wrap it up!
4. Make a cute bow using strips from the leftover paper edges.

You should try it.It's fun and the environment will thank you.

2 comments:

. said...

thanks for checking out my blog---i just skimmed over yours, seems you're very invested in bad veins? i met sebastion a couple weeks ago with my husband's friend, jeremy cunningham? know them? hmmmmmm.

you are very cute and crafty. it seems we are both nesters.

. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.