Monday, March 3, 2008

Annoyed by Blogger Templates

I'm feeling a little frustrated with the blogger templates. I just can't get the look that I want. I can't exactly pin point what it is that I'm looking for but I do know that I'm not seeing it. It's sort of like when Ben and I are trying to decide on a restaurant for dinner and I can't think of any thing that I want in particular...I just want him to name restaurants so I can rule them out. It's just that sometimes I can't tell you what I want...just what I don't want. What's wrong with that? He hates it. So, I'm going with plan white right now until I CAN figure it out. Until then I'll just try things and hate them.

Self-Portrait #9? Is that right? It feels like I've done a million. I can't actually picture making 365 of these. I decided to try a little conte crayon for a quick 4x6 bathroom mirror drawing. It only took about 10 minutes until I got kicked out for a bathroom break so this is the result. I always forget about how much I used to love conte crayon. It's crazy how quickly my hand remembers what to do when I pick up a medium that I haven't touched in years. I like to get enough black on the page and then use a click eraser to just smear the tone into something that looks recognizable. This is what my face feels like today.

1 comment:

floresita said...

I'm so with you on the templates - I've tweaked my CSS endlessly, and if you keep an eye on my blog you'll notice a gazillion tiny changes that I sometimes change right back. I find it's best to keep it simple, though.

And your self-portrait project sounds cool - I'd do it but I'd get sick of my face... :)