Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Self-Portrait #325


This may be my favorite self-portrait yet. See the guy in the ball hat? That's my ex-boyfriend from 5+ years ago. I wish him well and if he reads this blog...hey dude! However, I remember being one broken hearted 22 year old over this guy. We lived together, he had another lady on the side and he wrecked my car. I thought my life was over and that I would never recover. I have to say I was wrong and I'm quite thankful for the lessons that I learned from this relationship and the things that I learned about myself. It's funny what a little perspective can do and when things seem the roughest you learn the most. Thanks Matt for snapping the photo. This picture really cracks me up.

2 comments:

Becky J. said...

it's feels good to look back and not think twice about it....and to smile just a bit too :)

brooke t. higgins said...

I like this picture a lot, too. You = subtle.