Sunday, January 4, 2009

Self-Portrait #316

Yesterday morning I woke up at my sisters house in South Carolina with
a tickle in my throat. It seemed like a harmless tickle but by 6:30
last night my skin hurt and 3 thick blankets and a hooded sweatshirt
couldn't cure my chill. By the end of the night I was running a 102.8
degree temperature. Ugh. Today my entire body hurts and the 9 hour
drive home feels like I ran here. Other then that this new year is
feeling pretty good. I had a really fun New Years Eve and I think I
remember most of it...even the falling down. I enjoyed my quick visit
to my family in South Carolina even though a small portion of it
involved figuring out how to bail my brother out of jail. Hi
brother! I also found out he reads my blog so I'll take this
opportunity to embarrass him in payment for the time he and my sister
purposefully lost me in a corn field when I was a kid. Plus he was in
for something harmless. He's an okay guy. I'm actually looking
forward to returning to work tomorrow if I feel better. I think,
despite how awful my body feels and the fact that that fever ache is
returning to my skin, inside I'm feeling what must be hope. Weird.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Do you remember how on New Year's Eve you said you would come to our house & paint beautiful things on the walls? Because I sure do...