Monday, September 10, 2007

NYC


I've been a very bad blogger lately but life has been very busy. Last weekend I went to New York with the nearly famous Bad Veins. I started the trip with a lot of ambition to take lots for pictures for an exciting blog post. I started off strong in the first day and then ended up only taking about ten pictures.

I did get to start a new project during the drive that looks a lot like the project that I just finished...I promise it's a different one.


I also happened upon this fine use of stickers. I just really admire the person that had such vision and drive to place all of the stickers on this advertisement. Most tourists in NYC take pictures of the Statue of Liberty...not me!!!

Bad Veins did have two good shows. This picture was taken at Union Hall. This room looks all cozy with the old wallpaper and the floral decor. They also played the Mercury Lounge but I slacked on my picture duties there.


Finally I found some graffiti by one of my favorite graffiti artists on the last day. We were eating in this diner in Williamsburg(where all of the hipsters go to die) and I looked out the window and there they were, two Os Gemeos figures. Os Gemeos is actually Portuguese for The Twins and they are identical twin brothers. They are from Brazil but their work is everywhere. There is actually a mural here in Northside by them. I will take a picture soon and post it. These are worn a bit but you can get the picture.

2 comments:

brooke t. higgins said...

Wow. That is seriously THE best use of stickers that I have ever seen. And that graffiti is really cool. I'm glad you had such a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of an exhibit Randy and I saw at the Cincinnati Art Museum. It involved what looked like a room with a floor full of glowing grass but upon closer inspection turned out to be inflated condoms, posing upright, with green neon lights glowing from the center of each. Weiner art is on the rise- haha.