Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Self-Portrait #129


Sketchbook drawing! I'm down to the last few pages in this book. I used to be obsessed with my sketchbook, constantly writing, gluing and sketching but time has gotten away from me. I'm hoping to use it a little more often. The writing sort of came to a halt when I started this blog thing even though I don't tend to get as personal here.
I went to my local art store to seek out the next perfect book. I was looking for something portable, cozy, and with the perfect paper. I worked for this very art store when I was in college. It was locally owned and seemed like you could time travel back 30 years and it would probably look exactly the same. Everything was hand priced with handmade signs etc. Now the art store has been bought by a chain and though it still looks the same in many ways there are bar codes, fancy cash registers, and printed signs. I don't feel as good about giving them my money. It made me sort of sad.


Well, I guess I didn't have that much trouble giving them my money since I bought three different sketch pads instead of just one. The thin one, I thought, would be good for carrying in my bag. The chunky one would be nice for cuddling up on the couch. The bristol pad is just my favorite sort of paper but in a bite size 6x6 square which I had never seen before. I think it was made just for me. OH and the eraser was just a necessity.

No comments: