Monday, February 18, 2008

Word Search

My spell check isn't working so I've decided to make it into a game. How many misspelled words can you find in this post?
Anyways, I haven't been as productive as I would like but I'm trying to fix that today. I have the day off in honor of President's Day which is pretty funny to me since I probably can't name the most ten recent presidents. Sad but true. I started the day off watching the final episode of My So Called Life. I've been watching the entire season on order from Netflix and reliving how uncomfortable and awkward being a teenager really was. After some reflection I retrieved Ben from his studio and we went to lunch at the Blue Jay with Rick where we talked about how artists represent themselves on the internet. Should they use myspace, should they have a site, should they have a blog. There is no real road map to follow because technology is changing so fast and it's turning the art and music world upside down. It's sort of exciting to watch but nerve wracking to be a part of through Ben. I'm feeling sort of talkative today which happens when I have a few days from work to let my mind clear of all of it's clutter.

This weekend has given me some time to play with my sewing machine. Last week I made this pillow cover. It's not perfect but it was good practice. I apparently didn't iron it enough on one side. The iron and I have a bad relationship because I neglect it so. The pillow has two different sides so I can flip it when I get tired of one side...that and the fact that I didn't have enough fabric for an entire pillow.











My second pillow cover was more successful. I made it for the couch in Ben's studio. I ordered the fabric from Lucky Kaeru Fabric & Supplies. It's hard not to go crazy buying fabric when it is this cool.

No comments: