Sunday, February 24, 2008

Again In One Week?!?!

Yes, it's true!
Quite some time ago I bought a few tools to try out cutting my own stamp. The supplies have sat in the bag that they left the store in for what I'm guessing is a year. The other day I finally gave it a try and here are the results. It was pretty easy and just from the first try I've learned a few things to do differently. I played around with filling in the stamp with my Micron Brush pens.
Then I made a card to send to Nanny (my grandmother that is still living).



These are two little paintings that I hate.



I've been feeling really uninspired so I've been trying to find more sites with illustrations, paintings, and drawings to get me out of this. I sort of blame the weather too. I added a few to my blog roll including:
Yellow Monday
Poppytalk Handmade
Lily Moon




I've also given myself a little challenge. I was reading Artsy Crafty Babe's blog where she was doing a 365 self-portraits challenge. I'm sure I won't last a week but I'm going to give it a try. My first picture really sucks...it's blurry and has horrible lighting but I thought it was a good self portrait to illustrate how I don't understand how to use my camera still and how I'm not photogenic...even my feet. I was making my grandma's famous butterscotch squares in my favorite apron that was a Christmas gift from Stephanie. Her Christmas gift is still in a box in my studio....yikes.

No comments: