Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Painting Pains


I decided that I would post this in progress painting in hope that by posting it, I will finish it soon for all of my adoring fans. Unfortunately there are about two people who read my blog. I should be posting the project that I finished last night but it is a gift for a friend so I have to hold off. Back to the painting. It has been a chore. I don't usually construct paintings this way so it's been like a giant puzzle. I've been painting each shape, cutting it out then gluing it to the surface of the painting. This has caused me to have to construct the painting from the top down starting with the top mountain as the bottom layer. It's making the painting have a different sort of depth but it's more like I've painted it in my mind now I'm just executing it which is sort of a difficult way to paint. It has, however, just dawned on me that it is much like all of the other projects that I've been up to where you have a pattern that you work from. Anyways, the girl will have to go on last. You can see her basic shape because I drew it all out to get an idea of where everything should be. The colors in the photo are much duller then in real life. When I'm finished I will do a much better job and get a few close ups.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So......either the painting photos are invisible or you are playing a trick on me. Either way, I can see it in my mind and it is awesome! (Plus it helps that I have seen it in person and knew I already liked it.)

Also I think there are more than two people reading your blog because there are two people and two cats just in this house who read it!