Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Self-Portrait #312

I'm not sure why it feels good to transition into a new year, why people put so much stock into a new beginning. I generally think that is a little silly but this year I'm definitely ready to put 2008 behind me. I can't say that this was a great year for me. There was a lot between my blog lines that went unsaid. It could have been worse but it could have been much better. I do feel fortunate to have the life that I have and I'm sure that in my life there will be a few more bad years to come but I am very glad to be putting this one behind me. I'm excited about setting new goals and looking back on the ones that I did accomplish. So here's my year in review. I set out with many goals, some were accomplished and some will be carried over to 2009.
1. Learn to use my sewing machine. I can't say that I spent a lot of time on the sewing machine but I can sew a straight line now so I'd say I did pretty well here.
2. Buy more gifts for people on Etsy. YES! I did this. I do have to say that I bought more gifts for myself on Etsy too.
3. Post things on Etsy to sell by next holiday season. YES! I did this too. Too bad no one bought anything but hey...baby steps.
4. Blog at least once a week. YES! I struggled a little with this one and then the self-portrait challenge came along and turned into a monster.
5. Complete 100 4x6 paintings. NO!!! But 2009 is the year.
6. Have a show with above paintings and have a show and sell the rest on Etsy. NO!!! But again, 2009 is the year.
7. Claim a craft/art corner in my house. YES!!! I have a great room that is used for both now.
8. Start making Christmas presents in August. NO!!! This is just a dumb idea.
9. Treat my backyard with the loving care with which I treat my front yard. NO!!! But 2009 is the year!!!
10. Save money to buy a macbook. YES!!! I think this was the best purchase ever. I love my computer.

So I think I did pretty well. I'm working on my 2009 goals and will report out on those shortly. This is my first attempt at color on the Wacom tablet. It's a little scary looking but a good first try. Now I'm off to get ready for ring in the new year!!!

2 comments:

Becky J. said...

love the pic. you did more yes's than no's. that is great!! i am still working on my list for this next year. i am collecting ideas right now from everyone else.

brooke t. higgins said...

Brooke's resolution: Leave more comments on the Boiled Peanut blog.