Sunday, November 9, 2008

Self-Portrait #260


I accidentally gave myself two black eyes in this portrait. I went stupid while drawing. I can't believe this is #300. I didn't really think that I would make it this far. On one hand I'm really tired of taking pictures of myself and on the other hand I realize that I'll probably have some strange withdrawal from this project. I do wish that I had done more drawings so maybe for the next 65 I'll try to focus on that. I'm sort of having a self loathing phase with my art. I just don't feel like I'm as good as I used to be or as good as I could be but I guess I'm the only person who can do something about that. I think the winter blues are hitting me today. I really don't like the cold some days. I think this may be a long winter.

UPDATE: 300 does not follow 259. WOW. I actually have 100+ portraits left. UGH!

2 comments:

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
good drawings. Keep it..
Good luck..

Kimmie and Randy said...

How'd you get from 259 to 300? Not trying to rain on your parade but just curious :)

I like your drawings. To me they look good. But I know what you mean about feeling like what you are producing is not what it could be. I feel that way a lot too. I don't have any good words of wisdom about it though. At least its normal to feel that way!