Thursday, November 29, 2007

BUSY!

I've been too busy to post so I'll have to give some brief updates. First here is a scarf that I had been making for myself out of some left over yarn but when my friend Carolyn came to visit she claimed that I was making it for her and I folded.


Right after Thanksgiving I went to Memphis with Bad Veins. They had one show at Ardent Studio which was really cool since there have been a lot of famous recordings made in that building. Their second show was at the Hitone which apparently used to be the karate studio where Elvis used to take karate. We did go to Graceland and it was pretty depressing to me. I loved Elvis and Elvis movies when I was younger but Graceland was sort of disgusting. It's so commercial and it just doesn't make sense that one person is that famous.


We also went to the STAX Museum which was really cool! That place is filled with so much awesome music history. It made Graceland look like something made up by Hallmark.

I've been working on some Christmas presents that I can't present until after Christmas so hold onto your seats.

2 comments:

carolyn said...

You didn't tell me it was for you! You said you didn't know who you were making it for!

Way to make me sound like a selfish brat.

But I love that scarf...

Chris Salley said...

you aren't a selfish brat. i owed you for the awesome burt and ernie picture.