- I get excited every morning to get up and have morning Polly time because she is all smiles at an hour that I usually don't want to speak to people.
- I get so excited with every new thing she does from cooing to discovering her hands. It's all really cute until there is a diaper explosion that seeps up the front and before you know it you have a baby with a hand full of her own poop and you realize that you only have two hands. All you can picture is her putting that poop hand in her mouth. Two hands are not enough in this situation and babies don't understand when you just keep saying over and over again, "don't put your hand in your mouth, don't put your hand in your mouth" as you try to figure out what to do. Before all is said and done there are baths and new outfits for everyone. No poop in the mouth so far but we're only at two months here. It's bound to happen eventually.
- I am obsessed with the idea that anyone could ever harm their kid. It's a thought that comes to me in the early morning hours when I up feeding her and I think about all of the kids that I've ever read about on the news and I just can't understand it. I could barely handle her getting two shots today which she took like a champ.
- Small babies fart like 400 pound adults and I still wonder when I will stop laughing at it.
- I gave into pink far sooner than I had expected but I'm still anti princess and Barbie dammit. She's just so cute in pink okay!
- I replay all of the silly things, to put it mildly, I did between the ages of 15 and 22 and hope in many ways she is her mother's daughter but in so many ways I hope she is not.
- While it is unrealistic that my grandmother would still be alive today at 103, I still wish she were here to see little Pauline. She would have loved her so much. I was a very lucky little baby to have her and a loving mom there for me from day one.
14 hours ago