Monday, September 8, 2008

Self-Portrait #198

No sleep. Did you know that the sun doesn't rise until 7:14?!?!
That's crazy. The roosters must be bored. Maybe the chickens crossed
the road to entertain them. This is going to be a long day with bad
jokes like that this early. I've been having an internal debate about
whether or not life is long or short. Tonight it feels very long, but
when kids grow or people die it feels very short. Please weigh in.
My comments have decreased since I put a filter on the comments. I
was getting weird spam or anonymous creepy comments so please comment
and sign in with your aim or whatever. I don't think you'll get spam,
I never have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think life is long. At least that's how I've been feeling lately. Especially when I thnk about people who suffer most of their lives (watched a semi-depressing doccumentary last night). Sometimes I wonder what is the point (you know, of life). But then time does seem to go faster the older I get, which is good when you are looking forward to something happening in the future, but bad when you are trying to enjoy some fleeting moment in the present.

Anyway now that you got me thinking all philosophical and junk.......I hope you have a shorter night tonight! Heart.

Becky J. said...

you are right. time does change when you get older. i am thinking more and more of us are dwelling on the fact that halloween is in like 6 weeks. when did that happen? i don't think though that driving or walking slower helps it slow down either....hmmmm...

Becky J. said...

ok, sorry- did that make any sense?.......oh, it's late...look at the time- have a slowely evening.