Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yay Saturday!

Today was a good day. We had the chance to sleep in, clean the house a bit, and work on some of our own projects. Then we went to see The Fall, mostly because I was really wanting popcorn but luckily it turned out to be a really good movie that made me cry big alligator tears. I recommend seeing it at a theater near you.

Now I'm spending a quiet evening at home. Ben is upstairs working music and I've been downstairs working on a mixed CD for my long lost friend Wendy who lives in NYC. I thought it would be fun to post the play list here and encourage you to seek out these artists yourself. This isn't really news to me but I really love music. I'm not quite sure what I would do without it, I've relied on it so much in my life. I've had fun looking through all of my Cd's and going though ALL of my itunes library to sum up some of my favorite songs from the last several years. Wendy and I sort of lost touch so I'm trying to make up for some missed music sharing. Here goes.
1. For Now - Shesus (i couldn't really find a solid link for this band...they are local and broke up a few years ago)
2. New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down - LCD Soundsystem
3. New Resolution - The Heartless Bastards
4. Lola - The Raincoats
5. The Light - Mirah
6. The Lucky Ones - Viva Voce
7. Sweepstakes Prize- Mirah
8. Diana Ross -The Concretes
9. St. Apollonia - Beirut
10. Accused of Stealing - The Delgados
11. Abigail, Bell of Kilrona - The Magnetic Fields
12. 100 Knives - Mirah
13. Reminders of Then Everythings - The Moldy Peaches
14. Sentimental Heart -She & Him
15. Lonely Lonely - Feist
16. You Really Gotta Hold on Me - She & Him
17. Corrina, Corrina -Bob Dylan
18. It's a Wonderful Life - Sparklehorse
19. Go- Sparklehorse w/The Flaming Lips (daniel johnston cover)
20. Make Your Move - The Delgados
21. I Turn Around- Bad Veins (you probably won't find this one anywhere for now)
I also made this cozy CD holder. It's not quite square but hey...I tried okay. I've learned that when it comes to sewing I don't really have a plan when I start so that usually leads to issues. I'm also banking on the fact that I don't think Wendy reads my blog. Wendy, if you've started reading you'll receive your CD in 2-3 business days.





Finally Self-Portrait #105 went all wrong so I gave up on it. That's going to happen I guess so there you have it.

1 comment:

Becky J. said...

love the cd idea. my friend in far away Maine and I just started swapping boxes. we stick things in it that we are interested in for the moment. fun to learn who each other are...bonus...we find out what we really like also. send a little note and start your own trade. it's fun. :) oh, love the wonkey holder. cute.