Polly: (angry voice) GO AWAY!
Me: (nice calm voice) Polly, be nice.
Polly: (louder angry voice) PLEASE GO AWAY.
Me: silently walking away to laugh in the other room
- I was leaving for work and then for a night away to attend the Midwest Craft Con, organized in part by my awesome business partner in Crafty Supermarket crime Grace, and feeling a lot of mommy guilt about working too much and going away for the night. Earlier in the morning I told Polly that I wouldn't see her until tomorrow night and she was quite sad which doubled my guilt but as I was leaving out the door she stood up in her chair and yelled, "BYE MOMMY HAVE A GOOD TIME!" It melted my heart. She is such a perfect combination of salty and sweet. It's terrifying.
- Last night we were reading books before bed and she wanted to cuddle with the baby so she laid her head on my belly, rubbed it and said, "I love you baby". I'm basically going to cry a lot between now and this time next year I think. I can't handle the idea of my little Polly being a big sister. It's too much for the tear ducts to handle.
- My insides still turn upside down when watching Polly and her dad. He is such a great dad and it's my favorite thing to see.
- The other night we were at Skyline eating dinner and above our heads a TV had the news playing. Polly looked at the television and said, "Look, it's Donald Trump". I said yeah, we don't like Donald Trump. Polly's face gets all sad and she says loudly, "BUT I LIKE DONALD TRUMP!" Ben and I are both shaking our heads frantically saying no, no! Hopefully we don't have an Alex P. Keaton on our hands here. Donald Trump is like a cartoon character so I can see the appeal to a toddler. No I can't. This is terrible! What have we done wrong?!?!
- I'm too sleepy for more bullets.