- She talks about monsters but then reassures us that they aren't real. "Don't worry mom, monsters aren't real."
- She says creepy things. On the way to drop her off at day care one day she sadly said, "I'm going to give you a hug and a kiss and I'm never going to see you again." Well doesn't that just start your day off terrible. I assured her that I would see her later but she repeated her statement TEN TIMES. So I drove very slowly to and from work that day and watched my back just in case my kid could see the future. I made it and she did indeed see me again.
- These are lyrics we thinks she either made up or they are listening to toddler punk rock music at day care. We are cool with both options. First she counts to three and begins pounding on her drums, "watch out for me, watch out for me, 'cause I'm a kid!" Consider yourself warned.
- We took Polly to see her first movie Shaun the Sheep. She sat through the entire thing and ate popcorn like a pro. On the way home she was still munching on some popcorn and we heard a kissing sound so we asked what she was doing back there and she said, "I'm giving the popcorn a kiss because it's going bye bye in my mouth." That is my kid for sure. I love popcorn so much. In fact I nearly ate an entire large popcorn myself which caused me to have to take Tums, get Ben to rub my back and then sleep sitting up straight for a while.
- She still loves her bear. He helps her brush her teeth, she shares her food with him and he even uses the potty when she does. It's cute and hilarious but that thing is getting disgusting.
4 days ago