- I'm up past my bedtime writing this post at 10:26 p.m. on a Friday night. Someday she will sleep through the night right? For the last two nights she has only woken up once but of course now I'm trained to wake up several times and think about work and how we are going to pay for her college education.
- The female body is amazing. I'm not saying that I'm amazing, I'm just realizing what this body can do. It can still somehow make it through the day with maybe four hours of sleep and I haven't been fired yet. It's feeding a human that is quite chubby. It still fits into most of my old clothes even though at this time last year I was packing on the pounds. AND it can carry a 17 pound human in a bucket seat, a diaper bag, a computer bag, a lunch bag, a purse, and a breast pump up and down my front stairs each day. Yes I look ridiculous.
- Screw the Duchess of Cambridge and her makeup assistant for that day after delivery hospital exit. I looked like I had been hit by a truck the day after Polly was born and for much of the month afterwards. (if you, the Duchess of Cambridge happens to be one of my six readers, I don't mean it. I wish you and your baby well but come on why are you setting the bar so high!?!)
- I have never had someone be so happy to seem me as Polly is when I walk into a room. There is no better feeling in the world.
- I still know how lucky I am and everyday I try to really appreciate it even when I miss sleep and meals with friends that aren't during a time usually associated with a senior citizen discount.
- This time next month she will be into everything as she is days away from crawling. We still have a lot of baby proofing to do!
4 days ago