4 days ago
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Here is my year in review. Each year I set goals for the year an check in on them from time to time to see where I am. Though I didn't accomplish all of them, I definitely added a few to the list that I didn't really see coming like opening a store! So here we go. Let's see how I did.
1. Take an Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop class. YES! Well sort of. I did take an Illustrator class which has come in handy with fabricate posters etc. I still need to take a Photoshop class but there aren't enough hours in the day!
2. Sign up for another session of life drawing. No! but I did paint and draw a lot this year. Maybe this goal should move to 2010.
3. Create 100 4x6 paintings and have a show. I failed at this last year. YES! I did this too! I'm ready to start planning another show. I already have some ideas brewing.
4. Continue to blog regularly even when the self-portrait challenge is done. I'd like to come up with another assignment for myself. YES, NO, MAYBE! I did blog a lot this year but I have been slacking in the last few months since opening fabricate. I'll get back on the horse now that we are in a good grove.
5. Start a savings account!!! Yes, I do not have a savings account and this is the year. I'm growing up. YES, Sort of! I didn't start a savings account...in fact I spent a lot of money on fabricate BUT I did start a retirement fund. How old am I.
6. Go to yoga at least once a week. NO! Total fail all around on this one.
7. Continue to make stuff to sell on Etsy even though I've NEVER sold anything. (Hint, Hint...please someone buy something!). NO! but I did open a real life Etsy instead so this could be a yes!
8. Figure out the best way to make and actually make an animation that has been floating around in my head for a few months. NO! but I did help my friend Yusef on his 48 hour film festival animation and hopefully we will do it again this year. This goal may have to be in the 5 year plan.
9. Landscape my backyard. Yet another failure from the year before. FAIL! Total fail.
10. Finish painting the house...a project that was started two years ago. FAIL AGAIN!!!! Oh well.
Not too bad I guess. I had a great year and find myself looking at my life and realizing how lucky I am. 2009 was a 100% improvement in comparison to 2008. I'm excited to see what 2010 has in store. Now I'm off to get ready for a fun night kicking off a new year and a new decade! I'll be updating my 2010 goals in a few days. I'm still working them out.
I've lived in Cincinnati for a decade. That is crazy!!! Happy New Year to all of you!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
I can't believe we are planning our 3rd opening!!!! Photography by Scott Beseler opens January 9th, 2010 from 7-11. We are taking a week off between Christmas and New Year in order to recover from a crazy few months. This working everyday between my full time job and my passion project is sort of kicking my ass. It's worth it though!
Friday, December 25, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Our next show at fabricate is in partnership with my good friend Lauren Koch and another DAAP student Lacey Voss. They are bringing together different students to showcase their finished projects for the quarter as well as selling drawings and or accessories that go along with the projects. I'm really excited to see it all come together! My show is up for another week so if you are one of the ten people that reads my blog and hasn't seen the show, come on by!