- While eating breakfast the other day Polly breaks the silence with, "sometimes when you and daddy leave me at school I sing a lonely song." Well thanks kid, that feels terrible. I reassure you that she loves school and playing with her friends but she definitely loves her music too and to mess with our emotions.
- She likes to request songs to hear in the car by basically telling you a playlist when you get in. If you don't play them all or play the wrong one she will notice.
- You are NEVER allowed to end a song in the middle.
- She got in trouble at school the other day for eating weeds on the playground. When I asked her why she was eating weeds she said it's because she and her friend were pretending to be panda bears eating bamboo. She actually says bamboos which made it sound even cuter. I'm thinking this is how I trick her into eating salad.
- She's really into running around naked and shaking her naked butt in your face. Where does this come from?
- She had a lapse in potty training over the last few weeks just to keep us on our toes. She's finally gotten back on board but our nerves are shot at this point.
- I'm definitely at an emotional point in this pregnancy. On Monday I was working from home and I looked out the upstairs window to see Polly swinging on her glider in her Wonder Woman shirt with her cape blowing in the wind. The sun and weather was perfect and the whole scene made me cry. Yikes.
- Polly is officially in a big kid twin bed which this emotional momma can barely handle. She's so proud of it. We made sure she knows to sleep close to the wall and put a pillow between her and the edge of the bed along the side. That didn't keep her from falling...off the foot of the bed and smacking her little face on the bookshelf. There were big tears and blood which is extremely stressful in the middle of the night. In the middle of the crying and the dabbing of her bloody lip she looked up at me seriously as I rocked her in her chair with big tears in her eyes and asked, "Is Marlin a clown fish?" I'm confused by this question in the middle of the drama, "Like from Nemo?", I ask. She lets out a sad pathetic, "yeah." I assure her, "yes Marlin is a clown fish." She is satisfied with this and says, "ok, I'll tell my friends at school." In my mind I'm thinking, OH OKAY, YOU ARE FINE?!? I'M A LITTLE STRESSED HERE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THIS SOONER!!! It is terrible seeing your little kid get hurt but I was so proud of her too for getting back in bed without worry.
- There is a baby room with a crib waiting for a baby. No, I'M NOT FREAKING OUT A LITTLE OVER HERE! I'm freaking out a little over here.
1 day ago