- We've started venturing out of the house without pull-ups on. She's successfully marked some territory yesterday alone including a busy furniture store floor. The shop clerk thanked us for telling him in a way that let me know that this wasn't the first time but most people seem to dash. Note to self.
- While driving in the car the band Hole came on the radio and Polly asked, "why is she sad". I gave her the general, "I don't know" answer. I figured trying to explain Courtney Love to a 2.5 year old would be too difficult. I asked Polly if she wanted me to turn on a different song and she said, "no, I like it."
- My mom and stepfather came to visit and I love seeing my mom play with my little girl. It's sort of magical.
- Riding in the car I hear a sad tiny voice say, "why is the sky grey, I want it to be blue." Welcome to most days in Cincinnati kid.
- We may be known to frequent Skyline on Wednesdays. This past Wednesday we had different plans but when I picked her up from school she said, "I want Skyline!" Figuring a 2.5 year old doesn't know it's Skyline Wednesday I asked her how she knew it was Wednesday and she said to me seriously, "I know it's Wednesday because I want to go to Skyline." That is an interesting way to tell the days of the weeks but it seems to be working for her. I'll stick with my iPhone calendar.
- The smile on her face above is right after I asked her if she wanted some juice. She is in for a serious shock when she realizes that her "juice" is 1/4 juice and 3/4water. We also need to at some point tell her that a glass of water at a restaurant with two lemons squeezed into it isn't lemonade. I sure will miss it when making shit up doesn't work anymore.
- It's terrifying to love someone this much. I feel lucky everyday even when the days are hard and long.
1 day ago