- A new parent pretty much summed up our last month with A Ten Month Old's Letter to Santa. I'm so tired of these lists floating around on the internet about EVERYTHING but this one made me laugh so hard because it's true. All of it.
- Restaurants are getting nearly impossible but luckily Ben has become obsessed with cooking. It's not a relaxing dinner with a squirming baby in your arms wanting to walk around or a pointing baby gesturing to your neighbor (you know, the strangers sitting next to you) and yelling as if she wants their food, NOW!
- I'm always anticipating the next phase until it arrives and then I long for the previous phase. I couldn't wait for her to walk but now she's everywhere! She loves being chased which makes for one tired momma. I do so love the sound of her running into her bedroom and as soon as she hears me coming she squeals with anticipation. It's the best. Now I find my self longing for her to talk to me but I know I'll miss her little babbling.
- Babbling: she says duck, dada, mama, cat, NO!, uh-oh, bye bye, HI!, and book. She's obsessed with books which makes me so proud. She loves looking at her books and having people show her the pictures. She's quite forceful about it actually when she's in the mood for books and you're trying to concentrate on anything else.
- About this exact time one year ago I was puking my guts out. Random I know, but it's true.
- Today we had a small party for Polly to celebrate. She was surrounded by some of the people who she's seen the most over this last first year. It was simple but perfect in its own imperfect, dysfunctional way. We nearly forgot to sing happy birthday, the party favors I ordered were perfectly chokeable so I didn't bring them, and a long list of other things but it was perfect. Plus she'll never know the difference.
- I am still absolutely aware of the fact that I'm so lucky. This has been one of the hardest and best years of my life. I can't wait for the next year, I just hope it slows down a bit.
4 days ago