- We've been wondering what we did before Polly was here. On Thursday I had a killer headache so I came home from work a little early to try to nap. When I felt my normal wakeup excitement to see Polly only to realize she was still at the sitter. The entire house feels so sad and empty when she's not here.
- She's not walking yet and I can't imagine how much of a handful she's going to be when that happens. She is all over the place! She knows all of the things she's not supposed to get into but she gets into them anyways just so you will come and get her.
- She cried the other day when my BF Meri started walking out the door and it nearly made me cry too. I'm lucky to have so many people in my life that care about me and I love that now Polly has them too.
- I've been finding myself really missing her during the day. It seems like it's been harder to leave her this month which is funny because I thought it would get easier. I think it has to do with the fact that she's such a little sponge now. She copies your sounds and movements so much and I just wish I could be here to teach her EVERYTHING. But then I think, as I've mentioned before, that I want her to grow up admiring her hardworking driven momma. I know she'll learn a lot from that too.
- We went home to South Carolina earlier this month for my cousins wedding and it was great to get to share her with my family again. I can't wait until she is a bit older and I can teach her about where her name came from but I also try not to wish too hard for the future because I know it will be here too soon.
- I love, love, love how much Ben loves Polly. It's crazy to have been with someone for ten years and feel like you know everything about them but then you get this whole new person to get to know as you watch them become a dad.
- I could still definitely use more sleep in my life.
1 day ago